I posted this on my Goodreads blog a few days ago, but then I decided to repost it here as I love the idea so much and want to spread the word 🙂
Earlier this year I came across something I’d like to share with you. Two wonderful bloggers, RaeAnne and Tina, are hosting the #LetsReadIndie 2017 challenge, and you should check it out!
Why is it a great idea to participate in #LetsReadIndie?
1) You can discover great books you might miss otherwise. We often pick up the books we keep hearing about from multiple people. With indie books, chances are you won’t hear about them unless you are actively looking. But if you do look, you might end up discovering your next favorite book!
2) RaeAnne and Tina are offering badges, bingos, giveaways, and other goodies.
3) Indies need your support and will appreciate it! Your love matters.
Why and how can you help? Here are some of the challenges that indie authors face: Continue reading
If you are anything like me, then you:
- A) Dream to see your book characters illustrated,
- B) Cannot draw a believable humanoid if your life depended on it.
Luckily, this is where my personal superhero, TheSwanMaindeN, comes in.
When you get an artist to illustrate your characters, you can take different routes. You could describe in detail what exactly you want to see, you could give them complete freedom, or you could go anywhere in between.
When I asked TheSwanMaideN to illustrate my book cover, I gave her a detailed description of what exactly needed to be there. However, when it came to Armida’s portrait, I decided to try something different and to give her only a vague idea about the character. “You are great at drawing hair,” I said, “and even better at drawing dresses. Go for it.”
This was one of my better decisions because – surprise, surprise! – it turns out her imagination is way better than mine. What I got was this: